Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Camrip Review

The Camrip Review

Okay I really wasn't interested at first. I mean I never watch camrip movies, but when my brother told me it had a great sub by Mazui, I just couldn't wait for next year for a DVD rip, I just had to watch this. I was surprised that the movie was 2 hours and 41 minutes long. When I finished the movie I went ahead and downloaded an english e-book of Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya light novel just to check the consistency. I haven't read the entire book yet, but I read the ending and it matches the ending of the movie. Wow! So this is what a Haruhi Suzumiya movie feels like. It was a wonderful experience. Great musical score, outstanding animation, and scenes that were reminiscent of Back to the Future and Evangelion. You also need to have watched all the previous episodes or read the book atleast or else you won't get most of Kyon will say in the middle of the film. And this is just a camrip version but I've already watched it twice. I'm watching it for the third time as I write this review. So I'll be waiting for DVDrip and subbed version. And I'll probably watch that several times again too. hehe!
Anyway, let me write this review now. I've never done a real movie review before so I'll just write what I think as I watch the movie. Kind of like a commentary on those original DVD's. This might be too long to write in one go, so I'll do this by parts. So let's begin!

The intro:
So the movie starts out with the guy fixing his camera and is at an awkward angle that you have to tilt your head to the side a bit.
Kyon wakes up for school. It's a cold morning for Kyon. The movie starts out with a monologue from Kyon as of any Haruhi Suzumiya episode. He blabs to himself about the weather, mother nature, and the Siberian Cold front. I'm always entertained by how Kyon thinks to himself. He meets Koizumi in the hallway and on this scene shows his classroom and a classmate of Koizumi. He walks with Taniguchi and they talk about Christmas Eve. The date is Dec 16. On the way to the SOS brigade club room Kyon meets Mikuru and Tsuruya on the hallway. He gets to the club room and only Nagato is there reading a book as usual. Kyon sits down and guess who barges in! It's Haruhi ofcourse! Then the camera zooms out of the room out of the clubroom window and then plays Bouken Desho Desho! The opening theme of the first season. Hearing the song after a long time feels so nostalgic. Then we get a treat of an opening sequence of Haruhi Vectors running around, exercising, and finally sinking down a trap door. That trapdoor part gave me a bit of a chill.

Oh man, This is just the intro. There is so much to write about this movie. I rarely get to love movie like this. I remember watching season one more than ten times. This movie isn't any different. Every moment and dialogue is vital. The animation is also so luscious and there's nostalgia everywhere on this film, and not just for the viewers but for Kyon as well. Again this was just a camrip version with a 2 black border on each side and a camera that keeps needing adjustment and blurs out every now and then. Gosh, this must be my longest post so far. Part two will probably be tommorow or next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...