Saturday, March 12, 2011

Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

Here at Otaku life we try keep up to date with Anime news in Japan but we usually don't care about politics and current events. Recent events like these however aren't easy to ignore.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/10/501364/main20041987.shtml

March 11,2011
It started as a very powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 8.9


Followed by a Tsunami




Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
This anime was shown a few seasons ago (Last year I think). I watched the first episode of it and I really sympathize with the Japanese.
"
The premise of the story is the 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The story depicts what would happen if a 8.0 earthquake tooks place. The story will center on Mirai, a middle school freshman girl who goes to Tokyo's artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yuuki at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall"

"i wonder if somewhere in japan right now theres a mirai and yuki trying to back home."-gouki2005



I haven't had a complete grasp of the situation yet, but as far as I know the Tokyo tower only suffered a few cracks and a bent tip.



UPDATE:
I just watched http://www.ustream.tv/channel/foxtokimekitonight
The devastation was worst than I imagined... I wish there was something I could do to help all those people out.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...